WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED?
Social Model Adult Day Services are designed for individuals who need supervision during the day.
Medical Model Adult Day Services provide more extensive personal care, medical monitoring and rehabilitative services in addition to structured and stimulating activities.
- Recreation: Structured activates are offered, including exercise, music, crafts, activities that stimulate thinking and problem solving, gardening, entertainment and much more.
- Socialization: Participants enjoy socializing with peers, sharing and enjoying activities and programs with others throughout the community.
- Nursing Services: Participants may receive medication, health screening and monitoring.
- Hot Meals and Snacks: Meals and snacks are provided according to nutritional needs and dietary restrictions.
- Personal Care: Many centers provide assistance with showers, bathing, hair care, manicures, personal hygiene and incontinence care.
- Transportation: Door-to-door transportation is provided to the center and back home again.
For more information about the Adult Day Services Association or to find an adult day services in your area please call 203-678-4649.
Learn more about the State of Connecticut program resources to pay for ADC: